Bean's World

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New York State Court of Appeals, You let so many down.

I know the Court's decision was last week - you know, the one which essentially told gays they were second class citizens that should never be able to marry and obviously scare kids with their homosexual ways. Yeah, that one. Although I'm a straight, married woman, I find it upsetting on so many levels that it's hard to express in words and didn't write anything in this blog about it last week.

But I tried by sending a proposed letter to the editor for our local paper, the Albany Times Union.

I got a call this morning letting me know they were going to print it. They couldn't say when, but that they would.

When it gets printed, I'll post a copy of it here.

Only Judge Kaye knows what she is talking about - the rest need to retire.

I do find it interesting that this decision, which violates the freedom of so many, came only two days after our country's day to celebrate freedom. A horribly ironic and sad coincidence.

I am truly sorry that the actions of a few, close minded people have so horribly affected the lives of people that deserve to have their rights too. I apologize on their behalf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home