Bean's World

Monday, December 05, 2005

Our Life is a GEICO Commercial

So, Mr. Bean and I have been trying to get pregnant. On this last attempt, I went to the doctor's office for my blood test which was early in the am on Monday, 11/28 (also happens to be our anniversary - 7 years, thank you).
So we have to wait until about 3 or 4 pm to get our results.

About 2:58 pm, I get a call on my cell. It's a number I don't recognize so I excitedly pick it up.

GEICO: "Hello, this is your GEICO rep _____. I am happy to let you know that your policy payment will be decreased by $250 per period (every 6 months)".

Me: Why thanks, that's good news.

So I immediately call Mr. Bean up, let him know it's not "THE" call, but that we'll be saving about $500 a year on our insurance.

So about a 1/2 hour later, we get "THE" call and it's not good news.

So, of course we were pretty devastated, but my sweet Mr. Bean, to try to cheer me up, says - we should call GEICO to see if we can get royalties for a commercial recommendation. I was like - what are you talking about. So this is the commercial he suggested:

Wife: Hi honey, I have great news!

Husband: What, you are pregnant?

Wife: No, but we just saved a bunch of money on our car insurance!

So, needless to say, he gave me a good laugh when we both needed it most, and although we're both pretty sad, we'll move on. And this "commercial" still gives us a much needed laugh.

Do you think GEICO will give us some moola for the idea?

2 Comments:

  • Oh, Bean, I'm so sorry that the test was negative. But you will be a mommy soon; I just know it. And the Geico story? Priceless!

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 7:27 AM  

  • thanks guys, I appreciate it!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home