Bean's World

Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Love/Hate Relationship with Black Friday.


Every year I say I'm not going to go. Then I get the papers on Thanksgiving and see that one item I JUST HAVE TO HAVE and it's usually something for Mr. Bean. And of course the only time I can get it is at sleep o'clock in the morning - or as we all know - the hour when even the mummies and zombies are asleep.

But I find the one thing - and off I go. And sometimes I'm happy and sometimes I'm torqued off.

One year, I was on the news for my stupidity of getting up so early.

Another year, I was out of town, but that didn't even stop me. I got a darth vader mask which talked (don't ask) and a video camera for Mr. Bean. And don't forget the two Dora dolls that danced and sang "I did it! I did it!" (No, that wasn't for Mr. Bean, although he and his coworkers got a kick out of it - one to a friend's kid and the other to the Toys-for-Tots). Then my car got broken into but thankfully they didn't find that stuff.

Last year, I was bound and determined not to go - but Target showed a Game Boy system which included games, travel accessories, etc. for less than $100. So I got up so early I was NUMBER 1 IN LINE. I know, you can either applaud me or call me an ass. Needless to say there were HUNDREDS of people behind me.

So doors open, we run - and yes, everyone was running which is insane and immature if you ask me. So off I go to electronics and the electronics guy shows me what it is - and he showed me and others the wrong thing. So those behind us got all of the games and I was SOL. Boy were we pissed! After a ton of arguing, etc., we got a discount on all of the stuff together - but it still cost more than the system did.

So this year, I said enough is enough. No more black friday. I decided I was so certain I was not going to go that I was literally leaving the country.

But if someone knows there's a "Black Friday" in France, please don't tell me. I don't want to be tempted.

2 Comments:

  • You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    old car removal brisbane
    cash for cars logan

    By Blogger Hazel Donovan, at 11:28 PM  

  • Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    scrap metal logan
    scrap metal ipswich

    By Blogger Metalbiz, at 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home