Bean's World

Monday, October 30, 2006

What a Rough Week

Well, once again, I have been slack on posting but last week was just so darn cruddy I wasn't in the mood.

It was my birthday, and it's getting a bit tough because I feel like at my age I should have a child by now and no luck so far. Then, other than my fantastic husband and a couple of friends, people either forgot my birthday or obviously put no thought into a present for me. I got a walmart gift card - what the heck is up with that?!?!?!?!?!?

Then, I was supposed to start a procedure to help with the baby thing this past week, but because of some more complications, I couldn't and instead I get to see my cancer doctor instead. No, I don't have cancer yet, I'm at that "in between" stage which has no name where my cells are essentially pre-cancerous - but not cancerous - whatever the hell that means.

And there were some problems at work.

So that's my whining in a nutshell. One good thing of note - I'm down 47 pounds so far and that's even with my week at Disney where I ate everything that didn't eat me first. So not too shabby.

Also, I starred in my podcast debut - go over to Saturn Cast and hear the awesome special that was done on October 29th - it's good stuff.

2 Comments:

  • Happy belated birthday, Bean! I would have wished you one on the day but couldn't remember when it was. Now it's coming back to me ... the 23rd?

    I love getting gift cards, but that's just me. Opening presents is fun, but shopping is more fun, especially on someone else's money! ;-)

    Sending condolences on the fertility hassles and well-wishes for your health.

    47 pounds? WOOHOO!!!! Go Bean!

    Hugs, NL

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 9:44 PM  

  • Thanks NL - I'm very excited and just found out I've lost 40 inches all over - waist, thighs, arms, stomach and chest - yippy!

    I love gift cards too - just not to walmart as the only thing I seem to get there are household supplies and groceries - not too fun for birthday.

    By Blogger The Bean, at 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home