Bean's World

Friday, September 22, 2006

I can't buy fancy stamps anymore.


So I thought it was pretty neat when the U.S. Post Office started offering stamps with different themes on them: flowers, leaves, elvis, etc. I liked it, bought them and had no problem handing out Elvises everywhere a letter needed a stamp. I refused to buy the "love" ones though b/c I would never tell a bill collector I loved them, even if it was just a stamp. I do remember, however, how mad I was at my mom when she used those stupid flag stamps on our wedding invitations instead of the love stamps - that's the only time to use them - who doesn't use love stamps on wedding invitations? Mr. Bean still complains about that.

But now they are just too fancy. So fancy that I get excited to buy them and then don't want to use them. Kind of like the Yankee candles I buy but then never use b/c they were expensive and I don't want to ruin an expensive item.

For example, they had Disney stamps. I would agonize everytime I would use one; and b/c there were doubles, would go around using one of each and then go around again, from least fave until the sad day I had to use my favorite Disney stamp (It was Snow White).

Now, I have the superhero stamps that I don't want to use. You know, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and more. And there are no repeats. So I am devestated each time I have to use one. Needless to say Green Arrow and Flash went first. Now, I'm down to only a few and it makes me sad.

So for now on, I'm only buying the yuck flag stamps. No one cares about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home