Bean's World

Sunday, September 17, 2006

So Much for Sunday being a Day at Rest.


Yep, your Bean is here at work, since 7:30 a.m., on a Sunday - this is the second Sunday in a row and I have a feeling that it will happen again next Sunday as well. This is one tradition I don't like continuing.

My goal, however, is to be out of here at noon, 1 p.m. at the latest. I hate Sundays at work. What I really want to be doing it to catch up on my tv shows.

One thing I did enjoy, however, was going to Catskill Game Farm yesterday with some friends and their kids. Great stuff.

I'm really sad to see the place closing down for good on 10/9 after 73 years, but after going to the place, I can see why. I went when I was a baby (don't remember it) and my friends were the same, but it seems like they haven't done much to keep up the place for the 73 years. I bet if they spruced it up a bit, lowered the price a little ($17.95 pp for adult), and made the place handicap accessible, they could really have something.

I must say it was weird to see a place that was so NOT handicap accessible. It was VERY hilly. So much in fact that it was VERY difficult to push strollers up the hill, especially since one of my friends has 16 month old twins. We literally had to have three people CARRY up the stroller. And there was a whole section where strollers, wheelchairs, etc. weren't allowed - the feeding area which was huge and the African area which were the lions and rhinos - and that was very big and it was heavy carrying 16 month old babies around. And there were a ton of strollers around - so it was a bit weird and difficult to manage.

But I have to say the food was good - pizza, sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs. I was impressed.

So go before they close - if only for the memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home