Bean's World

Friday, September 15, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Nope, it's not Christmas, it's Fall TV season! Old shows coming back - new shows to enjoy. Here's my list of old and new I can't wait to see!

Old Faves:

1. Bones - started watching it last year for Angel (David Boreanaz - what a hottie!), stayed for the writing and characters. Great show about a woman (Bones) who is an anthropologist who solves crimes by looking at bones - it sounds boring but is really great.

2. Veronica Mars - pls more people start watching it! This a great show about a teen sleuth, now going into her first year of college. This show reminds me of Buffy without the vampires - that kind of writing - LOVE IT! And if Josh Whedon and Stephen King love it, it can't be all that bad.

3. Smallville - Another cutie, Tom Welling, but I'm just a huge fan of superheroes and seeing how one grew up is fascinating to me.

4. Lost - I feel lame writing this b/c everyone does. I just want to know what the deal is! But I do have to say they better pick up the pace this season b/c last season bored me a little.

5. Gilmore Girls - I really go back and forth on this, however, b/c I really hated last season, especially the finale. So I'll give it a shot, but it better start getting better.

6. Amazing Race - My dream, to travel the world and this show does it. Plus, I love the Philiminator.

7. Grey's Anatomy - Just keeps getting better and better each year. Plus, once again, another hottie, McDreamy.

8. Battlestar Galactica - Just an amazing SciFi show that is NOTHING like its original - the new is dark where the old was funny - the new has excellent writing where the old didn't. It's just frakkin' unbelievable!

There are other shows I watch and like too, these are just the top 8. Now, onto the new ones:

1. Heroes - once again, I love superheroes and watching them start out and learn their powers sounds like a win, win to me.

2. Six Degrees - I love any show by J.J. Abrams (except "What about Brian") so this one is a go for me.

3. The Nine - nine people whose lives change forever b/c of a bank robbery. Just sounds interesting to me.

4. Jericho - I'm a sucker for "the world is going to end and are we the only ones left alive?" genre shows

5. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - sounds cool seeing the behind the scenes of an SNL type show - we'll see if it lives up to it's hype.

So that's it for the new shows. I'm mostly going to watch shows I've grown to love but these new ones may keep me interested. What are you excited to see?

3 Comments:

  • Not to comment to my own blog, but a friend of mine just called me up to tell me that, if someone reading this blog didn't know me, they would think a 17 year old wrote it with the tv choices I said I loved. For the record, I'm a 30 something woman and Howard Stern, who is 20 years my senior, likes these shows too. Plus I could name many ADULT critics who like these shows, just look at www.tvguide.com to see some of their opinions. So, nyah, nyah!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 7:47 AM  

  • RF, the only shows on that list that would paint you as a 17-year-old are "Smallville," "Veronica Mars" and "Gilmore Girls." And I know TONS of adults who love them. I can't see teens getting into "Bones," "Jericho" or "Studio 60." BTW, I was about your age when "90210" was on, and I was totally into it. Also "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and "Blossom." So nyah!

    I work with a well-known TV and movie critic from around these parts. He is older than I am and a huge "Veronica Mars" fan. Also "Everwood" (may it rest in peace).

    Say it loud: "I have eclectic taste in television, and I'm proud!"

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 5:34 PM  

  • I loved Everwood too and boy was I ticked when it was cancelled over that crap "7th Heaven"!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home