Bean's World

Thursday, September 28, 2006

AY AY, OH OH!!! (hands in the air everybody!)

First things first - a quick shout out to Christian Huygens for updating my blog and making it snazzy and disneyfied. I love it! What do you guys think? Thank you Christian for the update and thanks for my wristwatch!

Sorry I haven't written a blog this week - work has been INSANE so I haven't been able to. But that's okay b/c in two days, I'll be on my way to the Mouse! I absolutely cannot wait! But that also means you'll have a week without me so don't miss me too much!

And finally, I'm going to take a moment to brag about myself. I don't ever really do this as it's just not in my nature, but I'm really proud of something I'm accomplishing. You see, since August 1, I've been on a carb free, low calorie diet and joined Curves for exercise. As a carb junkie, I went overboard and really needed to lose weight. And I hadn't exercised in a long time, using work as an excuse. Now, I'm not on the "eat a pound of bacon, low carb diet", I eat chicken, turkey or fish and a ton of veggies and one piece of fruit a day. I also drink 64 oz of water a day - a thing I hate - but I add no-carb crystal light to it for flavor and it helps. I haven't had a chip, bread, potato, pasta or dessert in two months. I also go to curves 5 days a week.

So, I had to get weighed and measured at Curves today. I've lost a whopping 36 pounds and 26 inches total! I can't believe it! It's so nice to see results when working so hard.

This is especially gratifying b/c it is the first time in my life where I am doing it the healthy way, with no gimmicks, drugs, over the counter crap, just honest to goodness healthy dieting and exercising. You see, I used to be anorexic/bulimic from 15-23 when Mr. Bean snapped me out of it. I was about 100 pounds at 5'5". So ever since then, I've been scared to diet b/c I didn't want to be on that path again. So to see that I can lose weight in a healthy way without going crazy in the head or becoming anorexic or bulimic means a lot to me. So now I'm bragging.

So thanks for listening to my brag; and I'll see y'all in about a week and a half!

1 Comments:

  • WOOHOO! Congrats on the weight loss, GF. I would like to know more about Curves. There is one in my hood (heck, there is one in every hood!). Prices? Regimen? It works? Apparently in your case it does. E-mail me or send me a PM at the Dish & Spoon when you get back from the Mouse Factory. Hope you had a great time!

    Hugs to you and Mr. Huygens,
    NL

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home