Bean's World

Monday, August 08, 2005

Take My TV, PLEASE!

Hello, my name is Bean; and I'm a TV addict. Boy do I love tv. And I totally blame my parents for it.

Follow my reasoning. As a child, I only watched VERY little tv; and it was only what my parents wanted. So, growing up, I was always behind all of the other kids and teens with the popular shows, but also had no clue about movies either. No, I didn't see the Church lady skit on SNL. No, I'm not watching CHIPS, Three's Company or MASH because my parents think it's too provocative. And, as my mother always says: "your father and I do not like situational comedies." Who the heck says that? "Situational Comedies"?

So I know nothing of the "popular" television or movies from about 1972-1990. Bubbe was shocked and still doesn't believe me when I tell him I only first saw "Footloose", "Flashdance", "Fame", etc. at about 1992 or later. But if you have any questions about Matlock, 60 Minutes, Murder She Wrote, the Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Mayberry, Star Trek (thank goodness dad was a trekkie), "Annie", "I Love Lucy", "Brady Bunch" or Disney, I can totally answer them for you.

So as a result, I will watch anything on TV because of my inability to watch anything as a kid. And now with DVR, I can tape anything I want and then watch it without commercials.

So, I'm a TV addict. Thanks mom.

1 Comments:

  • Who watches situational comedies? The same folks who watch "colored TV" (tm JR's grandma).

    I hope you were able to catch some "Burns & Allen" reruns on what was then called CBN in the early to mid-'80s. Good times. Say goodnight, Gracie!

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home