Bean's World

Monday, February 06, 2006

I feel cheated.


Well, this past Friday, I saw the Cirque du Soleil. And quite frankly, I feel cheated. It annoys me b/c I can't do anything about it.

You see, my friend's birthday was this weekend. As a result, her husband bought a bunch of tickets for the Delirium Cirque du Soleil show so about 14 of us could go. We had to pay him back for the tickets. Now, for the show, there were three "levels" of tix you could get - $70, $80 and $100 - and guess which ones he got? The $100 ones - and he got front row.

Now normally, when going to a concert you would be like ALL RIGHT front row!!! For Cirque du Soleil, however, you don't want front row - at least not for this show. What I don't get, however, is that I knew you shouldn't get front row and I've never even been to one of these shows. Why did someone who has been to three other shows think front row would be good?

So anyway (and no it wasn't my idea to go - Mr. Bean told the husband we would go) - I still was excited about the show as I had always wanted to see one.

But we got there, in our front row seats and the stage was about 6-8 feet high. So, not only did we miss a bunch of the show b/c we couldn't see, but for what we could see we had to hold our heads back, getting a major pain. It was like being in the front row of a movie theater, only worse.

So am I mad at the husband - not at all, it's not his fault. But I am mad at the Cirque Du Soleil and the auditorium - how dare they sell the most expensive tix for seats where you couldn't see everything? Why would the most expensive tix be for seats that had a horrible view? I really feel like I got gyped. I would have rather have spent $30 less a ticket and seen everything. And the thing is, they know that - it is their show and stage.

I would love to write a letter to complain - to them and the letters to the editor, but I can't do that to my friends. So I'll just vent here, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home