Bean's World

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Testing, 1-2-3; Testing 1-2-3

Yes, I blatantly stole this from Niicelady (thanks!); however, I thought some of you would like to know a little bit about me:

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?

I say eggnog, but that's b/c I don't have it all year, so I wonder if I would get sick of it if it was accessible year round?

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Wrapped of course - half the fun is unwrapping them!

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house?

I love white but we do colored b/c Christiaan likes colored best.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

No.

5. When do you put your decorations up?

We didn't decorate this year b/c no one is coming to see us and we are going away. I did decorate outside though; so no one else would know we are being scrooge-like on the decorations.

6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

As a kid, I used to hate Christmas dinner b/c it was all foods I hated: ham, german potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw. YUK! In later years, mom got the hint and made regular potato salad which I do love. This year, I begged for lasagna from my mom for Christmas Eve and she relented (Yeah- it's my fave food!) and my sis is making a turkey dinner (YUM!) for Christmas day. All I have to do is bring a cheesecake - thanks harry & david!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?

Dad reading "The Night Before Christmas" every christmas eve, before we went to bed, while drinking eggnog.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I think about 9 or 10, but I hid that I knew until 12.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?

Never, I won't even let parents put the presents under the tree until after I go to bed, even now!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

with ornaments from around the world. Whenever we travel, I always buy an ornament -got two from Paris!

11. Snow....Love it?...or dread it?

Don't really care either way. I grew up never having snow at christmas.

12. Can you ice skate?

nope - weak ankles

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

diamond earrings and necklace from Christiaan

14. Best Christmas gift you ever gave?

this year to Christiaan - I'll tell you after the holiday

15. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

spending it with Christiaan, family and friends

16. What is your favourite Holiday dessert?

my mom's snowball cookies - YUM!

17. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?

"Night Before Christmas" story

18. Turkey or ham on Christmas?

used to be ham, this year turkey (thank god!)

19. Which do you prefer...giving or receiving?

Giving.... although it kills me to wait for christmas b/c I'm so excited to give the gift.

20. What is your favourite Christmas song?

"What Child is This?"

21. Candy canes...yuck or yum?

Double yuk!

22. Favorite Christmas movie or TV show?

A Christmas Story and Polar Express

23. Red or green?

Green.

24. Will you be on Santa's Naughty or Nice list?

Nice - I'm always too nice.

Alright, I want to hear from you now!

2 Comments:

  • Memes are made for passing on! No theft charges will be filed. ;-)

    68 pounds! WOOHOO!

    I'm going to get serious about my weight after the holiday. It's impossible now. I went to THREE parties this weekend, two killer potlucks, another catered by a gourmet chef (NiiceDuude's nephew).

    If only they made one-calorie beer ... sigh ...

    Hugs and merry Christmas!

    NL

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 8:16 PM  

  • Merry Christmas to you too!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home