Bean's World

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Once again, the Catholic Church protects its own.


Well, it's that time of year again when the Catholic "management" decides to provide paid retirement to its employees. Yes, the Chicago diocese ousted 11 priests yesterday, but provided an amazing severance package - they cannot say mass; but they get all of their benefits, including pay, retirement, etc.

You know, as much as I love my job, if my boss today said "Bean (well, he wouldn't say Bean, he would say my name b/c I am a professional; but you get my drift), you can stop working today, but I would still pay you and provide you with your benefits", guess what I would be doing? Saying "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya!", jump in my car and drive away as fast as I could before he changed his mind.

That is what the church is doing.

So congrats to the 11 priests for their early retirement. And Chicago Diocese - thanks for thinking of the victims like you always do. That was sarcasm in case you didn't realize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home