Bean's World

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Remember the Furbabies too . . .

Now, I don't know how many people actually read this blog; but if you just happen upon this, I want to do a very small part to help those who were horribly affected by the storm we all know as Katrina. And although I know that people really need help down there and I plan to make a donation, I would like to speak for those who can't speak for themselves: our pets, dogs, cats, kitties, puppies, birds, ferrets, hamsters, fish, babies, and all those animals who are having it just as rough, if not worse than people, because they don't know what's going on.

So, if you are in a giving mood, I hope you'll give to one of the following:

1. Donations to www.bestfriends.com a responsible charitable organization devoted to animal care and welfare.

2. www.noahswish.org - Noah's Wish has some very creative ways for us to contribute, aside from the much needed cash donations.

3. The United Animal Nations - you can direct where your money is to go - state "Emergency Animal Response System - Katrina" at https://secure.ga3.org/01/UANdonate

4. The United States Humane Society at https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005

I'm sure there are others as well - I would welcome them in my comment section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home