Bean's World

Monday, August 29, 2005

What kind of Sick Joke is this?

So, we are all waiting with bated breath, crossed fingers, and prayers for some that New Orleans and all other affected areas do not have much in the way of damage, injuries, death, etc. because of the storm Katrina. Good luck to all.

So, when I get my Southwest "Ding!" this morning, I check the rates to see which flights are for sale. So the ONLY fare for my town is to where? Why New Orleans of course! For only $92 each way, I can travel to New Orleans! I understand the need for profit, etc., but couldn't Southwest wait ONE DAY at least before putting up such a fare? How tacky is that? When a town is waiting to see if there will be anything left, historically speaking as well as just for people's lives and homes, did we really need to see that Southwest is blessing us with a discounted fare there? Good job on the PR Southwest!

On another note, I have a cousin Katrina; and I must say that this storm was very aptly named. That's all I'll say on that subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home