Bean's World

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Don't Try to Cheat Me to My Face

So, I'm big into sales. And I won't buy anything unless it is on sale. And this includes shopping for my favorite thing to do in the world - travel. I always get a deal on hotels (priceline rocks!), travel, food, etc. So, I'm very careful in what I buy.

And a part of that usually is Southwest Airlines. Southwest and Jet Blue are my favorite airlines in the world not only because they are usually the cheapest, but because they have good service and actually seem to care about you too.

Well, today, I was a little disheartened with Southwest. You see, I'm traveling to WDW in a couple of months (yeah!) and was waiting for lower prices. They were costing about $115 each way which is WAY more than I had been paying. So I joined SW's "Ding!" fare which is supposed to notify you IMMEDIATELY of the cheapest rates they are ever going to have on a particular flight pattern. Well, yesterday, the Ding! finally Danged (?) and I got a rate of $94 each way. I was still bummed because it was more than I ever paid, but I knew oil rates were going up so I figured that was life. And what do I find today? The normal email rates went down to $49 each way! That's almost cut in half!

Thankfully, I was able to convince SW to give me a refund (which was $176 - a lot of money in my world) because the change was made less than 24 hours from each other. It seems dishonest to me, however, to advertise a program that is supposed to be so amazing with its low rates to only find out that's not true.

So while I'll still travel SW because I'm a cheap son of a gun, I will do it with a scowl on my face. (until I reach Disney!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home