Bean's World

Friday, August 12, 2005

"Notorious" Hometowns

Why do the hometowns I live in only get on the National news for bad things and never for anything good?

Currently, my hometown has the distinct honor of being on the national news because a local private school has a female teacher who just happens to (a) be good looking; and (b) like sleeping with male students. Nice right? Don't even get me started on my thoughts about that. Also, my hometown has been lucky enough to have the national distinction for (1) hosting the number one party school (colleges); (2) a student at this same school went into a classroom with a gun and shot up many students and teacher; (3) an islamic guy trying to sell a rocket launcher; (4) another islamic group busted for starting a branch of Al Quaida; (5) a murder of a judge's clerk (chopped up in fact) probably by his son and (6) a bridge collapse.

My old hometown was notorious for (1) Perot announcing his candicacy for President: (2) a heterosexual male whose last name was Gay beating up and I believe killing a gay at a local gay bar; and (3) being in Falwell land - which brings up way too many stories to explain.

When will my hometown be known nationally for sugar and spice and everything nice?

1 Comments:

  • So you are from Lynchburg, Va., Bean? Interesting. I detect no Southern traces in your speech. Then again, I was born and raised in and near Boston, and I drive a caR and drink soda, not tonic.

    Don't fret about Albany being nationally notorious. Happens to the best of towns. Fact is, good news ain't news. There is plenty of good stuff around here but sugar and spice and everything nice just isn't newsworthy. Could be worse; you could live in Lyme, Conn., known only for a disease!

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home