Bean's World

Monday, August 22, 2005

Mind Your Bi'ness!

So Mr. Bean and I have a puppy that we love dearly - Jefferson Kennedy Dog. Currently, she is on "vacation" with my in-laws for awhile. It's funny, I knew I would miss her - but I didn't know I would miss her THIS MUCH. So much that it hurts.

I'm good at not thinking of things that tend to hurt me - a good defense mechanism. Mr. Bean on the other hand, deals with his unhappiness by talking about what bothers him. I sometimes tease him that I'm the "boy" in the relationship and he's the "girl" - but don't worry - he is VERY manly!

Back to JBJ - or Jefferson which is her official name and no I don't know why I call her JBJ - I just do. Anyway, Mr. Bean and I do something I can only hope other mommies and daddies of furbabies do - we think she's talking to us. Just you get a look or the eyes or something that makes you POSITIVE they are saying something to you - and you make them "talk". For example, JBJ is a very private puppy dog - so her favorite phrase is "mind your bi'ness!". Other fun ones include "mind the gap", "fine then", "grrr" and so one. So, JBJ, know your mommy and daddy miss you; and you are always in our thoughts!

1 Comments:

  • Awww, Bean, I feel your pain. I miss my animules when I am away from them, too. But when it starts to hurt, just think of the joy he is bringing the in-laws while he's there. Keeping the in-laws happy is always a good investment.

    Animals most definitely talk to us through their eyes and their body language. The loudest message I ever got from one of my critters came from my old dog Shaka (R.I.P.) the day I took him to the beach for the first and last time.

    He was a Chihuahua and was going on 15 and very frail and arthritic. I set him down on the sand and a wave knocked him right over. After rinsing the seaweed and sand off him and wrapping him in a towel, li'l drowned rat sent this eye message: "Uh, Mom? That ocean thing? Can we cross it off the been there, done that list, like, YESTERDAY?"

    His sister, Mona, was the queen of body language. If you stopped petting her, she would FORCE her head under your palm to say, "Excuse me, mush session is over when I SAY it's over!" What a bitch. And I mean that most fondly. R.I.P., Li'l Mo.

    Cats communicate with a little more subtlety, but I know what they're saying. Usually "Feed me" or "Pet me," or in the case of Rozita, "Am I gorgeous, or what?" Yes, yes, she is.

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home