Bean's World

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Favorite Time of Year . . .

Yes, ladies and gentleman, it is my absolutely favorite time of year - new fall shows season! Drum roll please . . . . I can't wait until the new shows start, the premieres of the old shows tell me what I wanted to know all summer, I can smell it in the air. I missed you Smallville, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Alias, Arrested Development, Survivor, Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Charmed, Veronica Mars, House, Boston Legal, Medium, Grey's Anatomy, etc. I can't wait to get to know you Reunion, Bones, Surface, Supernatural, Invasion, Everybody Hates Chris, Threshold . . . .

Well, I did try one new show last night - Prison Break - YUK! Believe me, as a TV and movie junkie, I know how to suspend with belief with the best of them. But this show was WAY too much. Just a few things that bugged me: (1) a body tattoo that intricate that takes only one day to put on? (2) the court system, judge, da's office, his own attorney didn't figure out that a guy who never got in trouble before until his bro is on death row, asks for AND GETS the same prison his bro is in and which he just happened to help design; and (3) he's lucky enough to get a retarded warden who needs some engineering help? This show was AWFUL! I can't believe it got such good reviews! Bean gives it two thumbs down.

2 Comments:

  • Bean, you think too much. I bet you hate Gilligan's Island because there's no way the Howells would have packed all those clothes for a three-hour tour!

    Just teasing. You are right; a show that purports to be gritty and realistic shouldn't throw in such illogical plot points. Sometimes the suspension of disbelief thing works; sometimes it doesn't.

    I'm looking forward to "Bones," since I love "House," and it seems to have that same element: maverick genius who solves the mystery by breaking the rules.

    I will probably become a "Lost" junkie this season. I didn't watch season 1 but read the TWoP recaps and they sucked me in. I also became a "Desperate Housewives" fan because of TWoP.

    "Surface" looks interesting too, but I will probably pass on "Invasion" and "Supernatural" despite their high hottie quotient. I don't have enough functioning brain cells at the end of the work day to keep straight more than one or two surreal shows. Some nights all I want is my "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" tripleheader on USA, with a "South Park" chaser. Rozita made me a "South Park" fan. If you get her some yarn, I bet she'll make you one!

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 10:37 PM  

  • Thanks NL! I avoid L&O b/c I do that kind of stuff all day - I don't want it at night too. And I had no problem with GI - it was supposed to be funny! :)

    By Blogger The Bean, at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home