Bean's World

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

But Planning is Half the Fun!

So in the ten years we've been together, Mr. Bean and I have a continuing disagreement. You see, although we are both HUGE fans of vacations and traveling and do it as often as we can, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum as to how to get ready for the trip.

For me, I'm the planner of all planners, I start planning the next vacation as soon as I step in my home from the last one. I ALWAYS have to have a vacation to plan or I'm one unhappy Bean. This includes finding the best deal on lodging, transportation, etc. and planning out all days. For example, I have a trip in EXACTLY 30 days and I already have a schedule of what we're doing each day and made reservations at each of the restaurants where we're eating dinner. This schedule, along with ALL of the reservation numbers for hotels, dinner reservations and the tours we're taking have all been typed out on my schedule. This schedule has basically been prepared since March at the latest. Sometimes I add things, but I have it good to go. I have also travelled to Europe where I have notebooks of all of our information as well as detailed schedules, including directions, of the walking tours I make myself. Mr. Bean always laughs at me for doing this but we always have an amazing time and he admits my planning makes the trip easy and the way to see everything.

Mr. Bean on the other hand, prepares by stating "It's too early to think about the trip" until we have about two hours before we're going to the airport and then he asks, "Oh, do I have to pack". This is also the same man that likes to punish me by stating almost every second as soon as we're at our vacation destination by stating "Our vacation is almost over."

Now, especially this year, I need this vacation. I haven't really had a day off for pleasure since January. We usually go to the Adirondacks each summer for our relaxing trip (which I do not plan at all) but it was cancelled. So I REALLY organized and prepared for this trip. I CAN'T WAIT!

And as soon as we get back, I'll be planning our trip to France in the Spring - Paris, Loire Valley and Mont St. Michel, here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home