Bean's World

Thursday, September 01, 2005

"War of the Worlds" Comes to Life

Well, this past weekend, I went to see "War of the Worlds" with Mr. Bean. And, yes, you have to suspend belief to watch it, but I enjoyed it very much. But what freaked me out the most, was not the scenes of the aliens, even when they were sucking blood out of humans and spewing it all over the place. What scared the heck out of me was the scene where Tom Cruise and his family were driving in the SUV to the ferry with the mob of people. It freaked me out because I would hope and pray people wouldn't be like that to each other and would try to help each other in times of diversity. I told Mr. Bean, to see people act so horribly to each other really scared me the most.

Now, flash forward three - four days and look what we have. "War of the Worlds" coming to life. People fighting people for cars, people stealing UPS trucks to be able to drive away from the danger. People shooting at those who are trying to help and rescue them. Someone shooting his sister for a bag of ice. People holed up with no signs of help. Hospitals not getting any help and trying to help patients with no electricity, food or water.

Why aren't people trying to help each other? We're supposed to be a smart country - but people aren't acting very smart. And they are acting down right scary. I want to see those things in a movie. Not real life.

My thoughts and prayers to those down south that are truly having problems. Good luck to you. But please try to treat each other with kindness and civility - it's the only way you're going to survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home