Bean's World

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I swear work is killing me . . . .

So, as you know, I haven't written in awhile. And truthfully, it's because I just don't have time. You see, there is a coworker here who is not pulling his/her weight any longer, calling in "sick" a lot, not getting work done, etc. As a result, as he/she partially works for me, my work is not getting complete and I have to do his/her job in addition to my own. So, I've been working weekends, nights, extra hours, waking up in the middle of the night at 2 am freaked out about work and going into work at that time because I just can't sleep knowing what I have to do, things like that. I'm really ready to go over the edge I'm so exhausted. And it stinks, because I really love my job and really like who I work for which is SUCH a change from my old gig; so it bothers me that I'm really getting so stressed out. And I can't go to the boss about the work b/c (a) he/she already knows about the problems with the coworker; and (b) there would be no one else to do my extra work as we are a really small office and we're all busy - so it's especially hard when one person doesn't do their job.

So, that's me, Ms. Whiney McWhine just sharing my stress. You can now go back to your regularly scheduled program.

2 Comments:

  • So sorry about all the stress, RF. If the boss knows about the problem, why hasn't s/he replaced the slacker? Or is there some reason why the boss doesn't want to do that; is this person a relative or the boss' lover or something?

    Is this a professional, paraprofessional or clerical position? It's not as if there aren't plenty of qualified people at all those levels who could be found to replace the bum.

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 11:24 PM  

  • The coworker is leaving in two months already - and we are looking for new people, but the type of job is really wanted in this area so applicants can really have their pick. It's not that my boss is not trying, it's that we haven't found anyone yet.

    By Blogger The Bean, at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home