Bean's World

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Well, I got more than I bargained for!

So, after I wrote the last post, Mr. Bean I think felt guilty so he took me to dinner last night. Well, it didn't last long, because no sooner than us sitting down and looking at the menu, Mr. Bean had a kidney stone attack! We immediately knew what it was because he has had several of them, twice requiring surgery.

So, we left the restaurant and went to the hospital emergency room. Poor thing was in a ton of pain and they wouldn't give him anything stronger than ibuprofen via insulin until they had a cat scan to prove it was a kidney stone. Tigger can tell me if I'm wrong as he is a nurse and all, but I have heard that is because drug users use kidney stones as an excuse to get some strong meds.

Anywho, one cat scan later showed Mr. Bean indeed did have a kidney stone (3 mm) lodged in his lower bladder so they immediately provided him with morphine. Unfortunately, neither that nor the subsequent codeine is helping him much with the pain. I'm really worried about him, so please keep Mr. Bean in your thoughts to pass the stone quickly and to have this over with.

Please leave Mr. Bean good wishes either here or at www.saturndiary.com because he sure could use them.

I said I wanted a Saturday night out, but this wasn't really what I meant.

Well, I now got Mr. Bean into a restaurant, so next step is to stay for a whole meal. One step at a time, I guess! :)

2 Comments:

  • Oh, dear. I hope Mr. Bean is all better soon. This too shall pass (sorry).

    Hugs, NL

    By Blogger niicelaady, at 1:10 PM  

  • And here I thought Mr. Bean was ignoring my phone calls!

    Send my best wishes to the poor guy!

    Eric

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home