Bean's World

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

IT WORKED, IT WORKED!

Thanks to the kind and positive thoughts, karma, energy, vibes, prayers and good wishes, Mr. Bean and I have been approved to start the adoption process of these two beautiful girls. We met them for the first time yesterday. They are absolutely gorgeous, full of life and will make a wonderful fit to our family. We are all so excited - and scared to death! We have to do a ton of things in such a short amount of time - when people usually have 9 months to prepare! We start having them weekends this weekend, and they should be in our home permanently in May or June. Once they are here, then they have to live here three months and then the court process begins. I can't believe it's finally happening. We bought beds for them last night and are getting car seats and other stuff with a friend who has similarly aged kids on Thursday. Mr. Bean's birthday is this weekend and he says it's the best birthday present he could ever have - I agree with him.

Thank you everyone - this is the happiest day in my life - only after the day Mr. Bean and I got married!

12 Comments:

  • HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

    ::niicelaady does happy dance for the Beanie Babies::

    Do you guys know about Freecycle.org? It's a listserv where people give away items for free and ask for things they need. Go to freecycle.org and you can join a list for Albany, Saratoga or wherever. It is a great place to get kid equipment, clothes and stuff ... because such things don't get much use before kids outgrow them.

    I know you both have good jobs and can buy new, but if you can get things for free, that's more you can put away to take the girls to DISNEY! ;-)

    Big hugs! Can't wait to meet them ... and you!

    NiiceLaady

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM  

  • Bean, this is such great news! I spoke to Christiaan this morning and sent my congratulations. Elaine and I are overjoyed for you. Now, get some sleep! I'm sure you stayed awake all night!

    By Blogger eluper, at 9:08 AM  

  • Congrats, I'm so happy for You both!!

    By Blogger Sin, at 9:39 AM  

  • wow! this is great news! i'm so glad that you and mr. bean are getting the girls. they'll be every happy to have parents that will love and take care of them. many congrats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger The Bean, at 11:19 AM  

  • thanks everyone - it's crazy exciting and a lot to do in a short amount of time - usually people have 9 months to prepare for this!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 11:19 AM  

  • *Hugs Bean alottttt*...Mommy..such a kickass word. Enjoy every minute hun.. :)

    Jenny

    By Blogger it, at 11:58 PM  

  • Don't worry Jenny, I will - and thanks so much!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 8:34 AM  

  • Wow....you see Bean....I had a great feeling about this.

    I am so happy for the both of you. I think back about how much you went through in December and now for this to be happening, you two are truly blessed.

    I think the two of you are going to make such wonderful parents. Those two girls are so lucky. I can feel your joy...all they way out here in L.A.

    Well...can I start calling myself....Uncle Tigger?

    .:.

    By Blogger Tigger, at 4:17 AM  

  • Of course - Uncle Tigger it is! :)

    By Blogger The Bean, at 5:49 AM  

  • Congratulations to you both, that is wonderful news!

    By Blogger Nik-in-Paris, at 11:28 AM  

  • Thanks Nik! Hopefully, I will bring them to Paris soon!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home