Bean's World

Friday, April 27, 2007

Alec, what were you thinking?

It broke my heart to hear Baldwin screaming at his daughter. Yes, the situation is frustrating. Yes, I totally get that you miss your daughter, especially in light of what is going on with us. But I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why you would take your frustration out on an 11 year old girl who is already stuck in between two feuding parents and already must feel every single pain that is going on between you and your ex.

That is exactly what Mr. Bean and I are trying to avoid with our two girls. Yes, we are fighting for them (and losing profusely), but they will never know the awfulness that is going on except for the fact that we want them and love them. Never a bad word will be said to them about anyone else involved. It's not their fault - they are just stuck in a horrible situation.

Just like your daughter Mr. Baldwin. And how dare you make her feel even worse about the situation than she already does. It's your role in life to ease her unhappiness, ease any pain she has, as best as you can. Not add to the issue.

I hope you apologized to her. And not to make the media happy, or the courts happy. You need to apologize to her because she deserves it, and you were wrong.

1 Comments:

  • Honestly, listening to the audio... I seem to remember a few messages like that from my own parents. Not the same context, but similar tone and language. It's unfortunate that parents feel the need to use such language, but I think that sometimes with enough stress (at home and away) parents are allowed to break down too. Then again, I'm not having kids.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home