Bean's World

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm not Ready to Back Down, I'm not Ready to Make Nice!

Well, as I'm sure most of you have heard, and if not, go to SATURNdiary for the details, Social Services did their second evaluation which basically consisted of a couple of hours of crap with the girls and no discussions with any of the foster families who actually live with them now or the families who are willing to adopt, aka, Mr. Bean and I, and have decided it's in the best interest of the kids to stay together and their behaviors are just normal kids behaviors. Funny, considering the therapeutic foster mom who lives with our two girls now and has for several months and who has THIRTY YEARS EXPERIENCE says it's absolutely NOT normal and the psych who has worked with them for MONTHS and not two hours like this second evaluation also determined its NOT normal and that they need to be separated for their own well being.

So, in this case, it's not in the best interest of the children - it's in the best interest of their funding.

So, although I'm a basketcase, I'm still fighting this - even if it's just for my own sanity. Mr. Bean believes we should stop for the girls' sake, but I can't do that right now. I feel like I've lost my own - and I'm lost as well. This is the only way I can go on. But don't worry, I won't do anything that will hurt them - if it comes to that - I would obviously stop.

There's a hearing tomorrow - I don't expect much to come of it, but one can only hope. So once again, I need good thoughts, prayers, karma, vibes or whatever you do.

thanks and wish us luck.

5 Comments:

  • I love you Bean.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 AM  

  • back at ya, Bubbe.

    By Blogger The Bean, at 8:03 AM  

  • You'll get our thoughts and prayers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 PM  

  • I'm so sorry. My mother was a child of the system, as was my [foster] sister. It seemed like every week it was more drama and bullshit from social services. Or it was worse when my sister's mom would call and start problems. I'm glad that you're sticking up for the girls, they need that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

  • geez...what crap! what s.s. is doing is hurting the girls and they don't have any best interest for them. seems like they're playing on the emotions of you and mr. bean, the girls, and the foster parents. it makes me upset to see good people get jerked around by the system.

    i do hope that the hearing went well. **crosses fingers**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home