Bean's World

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, it's that time of year again - the birthday. And this one is my 35th. Yes, I'm a 35 year old with bifocals; and I just found my first gray hair. YIKES! I remember when I was a kid and thought that I was going to be an old hag at 28 with the turn of the century. And now I'm another 7 years older.

I've asked for no presents from anyone. I don't need them and I already have the best present in the world. For the past 10 years, I have been asking, begging and pleading that God would, at the least, make me pregnant before I was 35. 35 seemed to me to be the big number - if I wasn't pregnant by then, it wouldn't happen. And after all of the IVF's, surgeries, and failures, I figured it wasn't going to happen.

Although close to the wire, I must hand it to him - he came through. Just four months shy of my big day - I got pregnant. So, no other present can even compare. I already have the best one in the world.

Yes, baby boy, it's my birthday and you are the best present EVER. I love you!

5 Comments:

  • Yeah, but wouldn't a gift certificate to the Shoe Depot be kinda cool anyway?

    Happy Birthday, Bean!

    By Blogger eluper, at 10:42 AM  

  • Thanks Eric! Honestly, I'm really not a shoes horse - same with purses - one pair/one purse is fine with me!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 10:51 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Bean! What a wonderful feeling to "have it all". That is the kind of love a child brings.Im so happy for you baby girl!!!!

    xoxo
    Jenny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • Thanks Jenny, I know you understand - kids are awesome!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 12:14 PM  

  • happy brithday bean!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home