Bean's World

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I know, it's a SHOCKER!!!!!

Well, you must be shocked - two posts in three days. How unlike the Bean. She only posts once in a Millenium, it seems. And only about depressing stuff.

Well, something so huge in the news has brought me out of my shell and feeling the need to blog up a storm.

Is it about the war in Iraq, Bean? NOPE.

Is it about famine in Africa that American Idol has so kindly brought to our attention? Sorry, it ain't.

Okay, then it MUST be about the Va. Tech shootings. Wrong again and I already blogged about that - weren't you paying attention?

So here is the amazing, breaking news that has brought me back to the blog world: (insert important typing newslike sounds here)

SUPERMAN'S DOWNFALL EXISTS
KRYPTONITE FOUND ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!


I know, I know - it may not seem as important to some - but to those of us who are comic books and superhero GEEKS, like me, THIS . . . IS . . . HUGE.

Because if kryptonite exists, whose to say that superheroes can't exist either?

Yes, there are our everyday, everyman superheroes - but those aren't who I'm talking about. I'm talking about heroes with superpowers - is there a Superman? Wonder Woman? Flash Gordon? Captain America?

I say there are. And now, because of what was found in Serbia, I'm one step closer to finding out who they are.

And, in this day and age, and what has been going on lately in my life, I need to think that.

So thanks to the scientist who located something for me to help with my belief and brighten my day.

I just wish it had been green.

2 Comments:

  • You know, I saw this article as well. One thing confuses me...what exactly makes this particular substance kryptonite? It would be like me wandering in the Everglades and claiming I found the Fountain of Youth without having anyone test it out.

    Do any of the articles say why they call this stuff kryptonite?

    By Blogger eluper, at 9:46 AM  

  • One article I read said that in one of the comic books, the substances, elements, whatever that make up kryptonite were written out. Those substances are the exact same substances found in this new rock.

    Kind of like Gene Roddenberry making up a tricorder for star trek and now it's kind of coming to fruition, but this is of course on a much more organic level.

    By Blogger The Bean, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home