Bean's World

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm Done.

Well, my book relationship with good ol' Harry is done. I finished it at 6:05 a.m. No, I didn't stay up all night reading it. I woke up at 4:45 a.m. and finished the book.

Don't worry, no spoilers here. But I will say that I really enjoyed it, was happy with the ending, and can't wait to see the movie. I will miss, however, reading the stories and anticipating each new book's arrival.

Now, I need to see the movie for Book 5.

I will make a prediction. I believe that J.K. Rowling will miss the series so much that she will go "Star Wars" on the book and do a "prequel" showing the lives of Harry's parents, Sirius, Snape and of course Tom Riddle. And I would be one of the first in line to buy those books.

But for now, I'll wait for Hogwart's to be built in Universal. And if anyone has any recommendation for books in a similar vein, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Rowling, for a great ride.

4 Comments:

  • There are a few good options:

    1) The Spiderwick Chronicles is a story about a boy and a girl who figure out a way to see the world of fairies all around them. It's written by a friend, Holly Black, and is going to be a full-length picture next year.

    2) A Series of Unfortunate Events is a comical gothic horror about the three Baudelaire orphans. Their parents have died in a fire and they are passed from relative to relative in a downward spiral of use and abuse. As the story unfolds, they discover there might be more about their parents' disappearance than anyone thought. This is a very funny series, but it gets a bit tedious about halfway through the 13 books in the series.

    3) Artemis Fowl is a series of books about an evil genius who discovers the world of fairies who live deep beneath the earth. Artemis exploits the fairies to suit his own ends but always ends up working with them to achieve a common goal. tHis one is fun because it deals with an evil protagonist and Eoin Colfer has a way of getting us to like the little bastard.

    If you get around to reading any of these, drop me anote and let me know what you think!

    And thanks for not spoiling the ending of HP7. I'm only 250 pages in!

    By Blogger eluper, at 12:08 PM  

  • Thanks Eric - that's exactly what I was looking for - and of course I'll be reading your book in September - I can't wait!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 12:12 PM  

  • Bean!!!

    Where have you been girl!

    You are so right about the whole prequel thing with Harry Potter. I was never a fan. And I wasn't a fan of Star Wars either. I am so boring.

    What did you think about Saaphyrie winning Charm School? I was bustin up when she fell to the ground praying. Monique is just standing there thinking "What should I do now?"

    Was Larissa trying to be the next New York? She got on my nerves. Her exit was priceless......Monique stating "her bags are all packed. Once she exits that door don't let her back in again." WHATEVER....cheap reality show drama.

    Hope you are doing O.K.

    And Bean....when are you going to be a guest on Queerspresso?

    By Blogger Tigger, at 3:27 AM  

  • Hey Tig!

    I know, I've been out of it for awhile, but I'm back! Things were crazy at work and other life stuff, but I'm calming down.

    I cracked up at the Charm School praying in the finale - it was CRAZY! And did you see the reunion? What a bunch of nuts - Monique finally went off herself. And how does $50,000 pay for a down payment for a condo and a new business, etc.?

    I would love to be on queerspresso - you just say the when and where - I'm honored you're even thinking of me!

    By Blogger The Bean, at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home